Halloween Recipes By: Chef Om Nayak :: The Pasta Bowl Company
Halloween Recipes By: Chef Om Nayak
CAPPELLACCI DI ZUCCA : Fresh Stuffed Pasta
Serves 5 portions
Making the Dough
- 5 eggs
- 350 grams pasta flour, plus more for dusting
- 1 tablespoon Olive oil for marination of Butter nut pumpkin
- 1 garlic clove
- 600 grams butternut pumpkin
- 100 grams freshly grated parmigiano reggiano cheese
- Freshly grated nutmeg
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 100 grams butter
- Fresh sage leaves
Making the Filling
- Mix Eggs, Flour and salt. Knead Well. About 3 mins should be ok. Keep it for 30 mins.
Making the Pasta
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C). Lightly oil a baking sheet. Peel and Cut the Pumpkin and scoop out the seeds and cut into small dices Bake the squash for 45 mins along with garlic or until well cooked
- Place it in a bowl, mesh it well, stir in the cheese and grate the nutmeg and some crushed pepper corns and mix well.
- Roll out the pasta dough very thin so as to literally see the yellowish filling inside
- Cut the pasta sheet into 2 ½ inch squares.
- Place 1 spoon of filling and stick the parallel ends together to form a triangle and then stick the other ends together for form the Cappellacci.
- In boiling water, cook Cappellacci for 3-4 mins approximately or Until firm or as they say “Al Dente”
- Melt the butter in a pan and add sage leaves
- Transfer Cappellacci to the pan, add few spoons of stock if needed.
- Check on the seasoning.
- Top up with some Parmesan Cheese. Serve Hot.
RISOTTO ALLA ZUCCA Italian Creamy Rice
Serves 5 portions
500 grams Arborio Rice
300 grams Roasted Butter Nut Pumpkin
120 grams Butter
100 grams Parmigiano Reggiano Cheese
2 grams rosemary leaves
2 cloves of Garlic
3 table spoon chopped Onion
1.25 ltr Stock
- To the pan add butter, garlic and onions. Sauté till transparent
- Add roasted Butternut Pumpkin and Arborio Rice
- While stirring, keep adding stock in the batches of 250 ml each
- Once half done add rosemary leaves
- After adding all the stock OR nearing Rice being soft add Parmesan Cheese
About The pasta Bowl Company
Conceptualised by Chef Om’s Hospitality, The Pasta Bowl Company came into existence in April 2013 to soon become the top 10 restaurants of Gurgaon. The award winning restaurant is the first step of Ms. Aditi Bicholia and Chef Om Nayak, to build an authentic food enterprise.
Committed to deliver authentic Italian experience to the diners, the husband-wife duo has not designed the restaurant on the format of an Italian eatery but kept it true to the Italian-Sicilian cuisine through their innovative menu.
Since Indians and Italians are very similar in food habits, cultural values and gestures, the company is on the mission to create right set of awareness for authentic Sicilian cuisine in the country to set new benchmarks in the dining business.
- Check Seasoning and add crushed black pepper
for more updates